Supplemental materials for teaching about computer systems performance evaluation with Measuring Computer Performance: A Practitioner's Guide.
We are continually looking for new material to add to this page. Please contact me if you would like to suggest some material that you would like us to include.
Performance evaluation courses.
- Portland State University, CS 410/510: Measuring Computer Performance
- University of Minnesota, EE 5371: Computer Systems Performance Measurement and Evaluation
- University of South Florida, CIS 4930/6930: Capacity Planning
- University of Texas at Austin, EE 382M: Computer Performance Evaluation and Benchmarking
- Commercially available software packages and reference books.
- StatLib -- an archive of free statistical software.
The following material is provided to help others in teaching their courses on computer systems performance evalution. You are welcome to use this material in your own course lectures. However, you may not use this material for any commercial or other purposes without the author's permission.
|Chapter 1 - Introduction.||Powerpoint slides|
|Chapter 2 - Metrics of performance.||Powerpoint slides|
|Chapter 3 - Average performance and variability.||Powerpoint slides|
|Chapter 4 - Errors in experimental measurements.||Powerpoint slides|
|Chapter 5 - Comparing alternatives.||Powerpoint slides|
|Chapter 6 - Measurment tools and techniques.||Powerpoint slides|
|Chapter 9 - Design of experiments.||Powerpoint slides|